- This event has passed.
March Against Hate to Crissy Field
August 26, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
FACEBOOK EVENT — https://www.facebook.com/events/1648882291818267
Join us as we show the Klan, Nazis, “alt-right” and fascists that white supremacists are not welcome in San Francisco! The International Longshore and Warehouse Union, Local 10 (ILWU), who has a long history of fighting against racism, along with many other SF community groups and individuals who stand against white supremacy, misogyny and homophobia, will be marching from Marina Green to Crissy Field to protest the fascists, white supremacists and Nazis gathering there. Join us!
NOTE LOCATION CHANGE We’ll be meeting at Marina Green at Scott & Marina Blvd at 10:00 a.m.
Our strength lies in numbers. Join us, bring snacks/sheetcakes, bring noisemakers, bring signs!
Please sign up for Bay Resistance’s text alert system to stay informed of real time updates – text RESIST to 41411
San Francisco Against Hate is a broad coalition of organizations, affinity groups and individuals including:
- ANSWER (Act Now to Stop War and End Racism) Coalition
- Bay Resistance
- Democratic Socialists of America – San Francisco
- John Brown Anti-Klan Committee
- Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ) – SF
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE THE EVENT
- Due to the nature of this event, plans may change very quickly, so we urge people to check this event page often, sign up for the Bay Resistance text system, and follow the directions of marshals and organizers at the event.
- Our biggest security goal is to keep the group large and together. Please come with a group of people you trust and keep an eye on one another. Stay with the group. We are safest when we are together.
- Come in comfortable clothing and bring everything you might need for the day but nothing unnecessary. Water, snacks, sun screen, and an extra layer are musts.
- WE DO NOT PLAN ON GETTING ARRESTED, but if you have kids, pets, or anything that might need your attention if you were to get arrested, coordinate with someone who is not going to the protest to get coverage and help if you can’t get home when you originally planned.
- Write down the number for the National Lawyer’s Guild, ideally in sharpie on your body somewhere. Call it if you see someone getting arrested or the police behaving badly. The number is 415-285-1011.